Tuesday 11 December 2012

NAIJA PARTY FOOD MENU I KNOW

Posted by Unknown

JOLLOF RICE/FRIED RICE WITH SALAD: Party jollof rice has always had this special taste and people love it; on the other hand, most fried rice turn out pathetic. Fried rice are usually worsened by the added 'apologetic' salads.

I have also seen where a mixture of jollof and fried rice was served...though I eat it in parties whenever served shaa; I am still trying to understand the logic behind it... must I taste both? Well, na so I dey feel about am sha ooo.


MOI MOI: I don't even try these in parties. The enjoyment of moi moi is in what it contains...you know...orishirishi. Some would chop boiled eggs in very tiny pieces while some would add bits of crayfish or corn beef which only suggests that the cooks were trying so hard to prove that the moinmoin was rich.

I have discovered, also, that party guests don't usually eat moinmoin...this could be down to poor quality or the fact that there are barely enough to go round.


SMALL CHOP: small chop is a new trend in our society and its making serious waves ooo! Right now, small chops business is a lucrative one. A tray of small chops goes from 6k to 12k Naira and this is basic ooo! If the tray would contains other orishirishi like snails, barbecue and co you will be paying up to 25k for it.

However, most party organisers go for the basics like spring rolls, samosa, mosa and buns.

SWALLOW: For swallow you would definitely see Eba and Egusi soup as this is the common soup. Some of them are very rich but there is usually not enough to carter for all guests, especially in big occasions.
Very few organisers make ogbono and vegetable soup...personally I don't even eat them when offered.. 


FRIED CHICKEN, FISH OR DRY MEAT: Your plate must have one of these. I have noticed that guests usually prefer fish to meat. My issue with fish is that they usually come with this taste peculiar to defrost fish

Can we really go beyond this party menu above and host your guest with sumptuous and memorable meal during this festive period? 

let's share our ideas on what you would love to eat when you go to a party...  

0 comments:

Post a Comment