Monday 15 October 2012

WHAT'S YOUR PARTY FOOD MENU????

Posted by Unknown

Apart from fried rice and jollof rice, what do we actually serve our guest during occasions? I know some go extra miles adding moi moi; swallow (eba) and soup to the menu list. I will call the rice syndrome our tradition.

What actually prompted this article? Hmm! I went house hunting with a friend recently and we went to this particular house that had everything you would want in a house..."na your money kill am sha"...but it was really not that expensive. The house came with security including dogs that look like lions, clean water, 24 hours power supply, spacious parking lot, very clean environment plus a sweet landlady, "God bless her"!
We met the landlady on our way in and she was super cool with us and... her accent hehehe! You would know she follow enjoy old naija money well well! She is the type that will definitely send her maid to take food to you most weekends (I'm assuming oh!) and would always ask "how you are doing" with her sweet American accent. 

Anyway, the building itself wasn't that spectacular. We had doubts as we had seen better houses...sentiments were coming into play but we shrugged them off and stuck to our grounds.

As we were leaving the agent had to inform the landlady and she came back with food packs of AKARA... very hot AKARA! I was like "wow akara?!" It so happened that she was marking her son's birthday with AKARA on the party menu and she wanted us to have some with a message that she liked us and would want us to be her tenant. She was so sweet that I almost convinced my friend to take the house. Should I call it being sentimental because the lady bribed us with akara or that she was such a nice lady and would make a good landlady? It's not everyday you get to meet such property owners.

I was thrilled that part of the party food was AKARA... it was a new concept for me that I couldn't wait to share this with you and get your opinion.

Can we ever try something different from what we always have on party menus? Have you ever seen anything different?

Please share your thoughts on what food you would like to see on your party menu no matter how hard it is to prepare. 

Lest I forget! I enjoyed my akara with ijebu garri... #makingsense #SMILING.


3 comments:

Tony said...

yam and fish sauce for my next party

Sabbas Asoegwu said...

That was great! Happy to get this new menu for birthdays. It is sure cheaper than ukwa, I think.

Anonymous said...

I have seen porridge and fried stew and Bean(ewa aganyi) and dodo in few parties. Recently i saw Roasted plaintain (boli) and barbeque fish, very nice.

Post a Comment