Thursday 17 November 2011

ISI-EWU PLOT

Posted by Unknown

Every Friday morning my Blackberry contact’s status reads TGIF; instead of smiling that weekend is here for me to rest and spend valuable time with my man, I frown because he leaves every Friday evening to return at the early hours of Saturday. He comes home so tired and would sleep all till 12pm when he would wake up to watch the premier league games which kick off at 12:45pm. 

Before we got married, truth be told, I enjoyed the usual Fridays' after-work hanging out with him. He was just the man of my dream, he was the happening guy I always wanted in my life. After we got married, I had to stop hanging out with him even though he didn’t like the idea but I just couldn’t keep up as I had chores to do at home.

There is this particular joint he patronizes with his friends every Friday night; he adores their isi ewu (goat head), and, to be honest, their isi ewu is very tasty!! All the same I needed to device a way to keep my husband home every Friday night. I couldn’t tell my friends what has been bothering me because I knew they would point out that my husband has been this way even before I met him and that I either talk to him about it or learn to live with it... Oh! How I hate the statement 'live with it'. Due to this, I decided to tackle the problem my own way without involving anybody.

One Wednesday evening after work I decided to drive down to the restaurant before it opens for the evening; on getting there I asked for their madam. At that point I had no plan but I knew I needed to see her. As I was shown to her office, she saw me, smiled and gestured that I should sit as she was on the phone. When she was done with the call, I introduced myself and also admired her office. I told her that I was a frequent visitor to her restaurant as a single lady but that I could barely afford to hang out since I got married; I confessed that most Friday evenings I craved for her isi ewu; this made her laugh so hard that I was embarrassed. When she eventually controlled her laughter, she thanked me for acknowledging her isi ewu; I then told her that I needed a huge favour from her with regards to learning how to prepare isi ewu. She initially seemed surprised at my request but later smiled. She wrote down the ingredients for me and explained how to prepare it. I was quite grateful to her and happy that the first part of my mission was accomplished.

I drove home in excitement and in taught of my next line of action. On Thursday evening I sent SMS to my husband and his close friends informing them that TGIF will be happening in my house on Friday at 8pm. I was expecting 5 of his friends and their wives who were also my friends. I bought drinks and stocked the fridge with their favourite beer; I also bought goat heads and spices for the occasion. As soon as I got home, I boiled the goat head and spiced it well; that the aroma dragged my husband to the kitchen as he was still wondering what was going on. I told him it was my treat and he should just look forward to it, he didn’t pressure or ask any question- he only nodded and left.

On Friday evening, at exactly 5pm, I left office for home to get the evening started. I got home checked the fridge to make sure the drinks were chilled enough; they were quite cold and ready to be gulped. I went straight to the kitchen to mix my paste as I warmed up the goat meat. To add to the fun, I decided it will be nice to see a movie as we rocked the night; I chose Nikita Season 2 because we have seen Season 1. I made sure there was enough fuel in the generator in case power holdings decide to hold light. At about 8:30pm, my husband walked in with 2 of his friends; few minutes later everyone had arrived and was seated. With the guys in the seating room and the girls in the kitchen with me; I called my husband and took him to the fridge where I showed him the drink I stocked. He was excited and willingly helped serve the drinks while I went back to the kitchen.


The girls were eager to know what I was celebrating and i just told them it’s nice to have friends around once in a while and they agreed. They helped in the dishing and serving and when everyone was settled, eating and drinking I played Nikita Season 2 from episode 1 to 6. As I was making sure everyone was having a nice time, I caught my husband staring at me and I went to sit beside him for some little cuddle and he held me so tight as if I shouldn’t move; I smiled to myself thinking 'wow! this is exactly where I want to be every Friday evening! Whoops! I did pull this off'.

4 comments:

sewa said...

wowww..very nice

chidimma said...

B
so pls text me the recipe.i want to treat my mum

chidimma said...

B
nice one,teach me pls i need to treat me

Unknown said...

thanks chidinma i just updated the recipe really sorry for the late reply.

Post a Comment