Thursday 16 July 2015

BENEFIT OF DRINKING WATER

Posted by Unknown

Benefit of water
Water
Benefit of drinking water: as the single most important nutrient for our bodies. It is involved in every function of our bodies. You can live 2 months without food but the average adult can last no more than 5 days without water. Many people never drink water some don’t like the taste of water. I can remember not enjoying drinking water from the tap while I was in United Kingdom and it has this strong/heavy taste that makes me feel like throwing up. This experience pushed me into drinking apple juice which became my perfect partner. Had to start buying bottle water when I realize I was urinating apple juice water became my companion and that has been so till date. If you don’t drink water you are apparently in a mildly dehydrated state with various irritating symptoms which you would never realize.

You don’t have to wait until you are thirsty nor until you have dry mouth to drink water that’s dehydrating yourself. Some of us like to drink water during meal my research informed me that it is not good; drinking too much water during meal washes out the hydrochloric acid, digestive juices and enzymes in our stomach and intestines which in turns delay digestions. Also fluids and iced drinks in particular, quench the digestive process similarly to pouring water on a fire (guilty as charge I love me my cold water immediately after meal). It is advisable to drink room temperature water if you really want to drink water in between meal, squeezing in a slice of lemon or lime into it can help as well.
HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD I DRINK?

My research said take your weight in pounds and divide it by 2. The result is how many ounces of water you should drink daily. i.e. 180kg / 2 =
CLIMATE ISSUE

In this part of our world where our climate is hot and dry we need more water. We tend to lose about a pint of water a day through perspiration, exhalation even through urination and stooling we lose 2 pints a day. 2 pints = 1 quart which means our bodies lose about 1 ½ to 2 quarts a day and it does add to the excessive sweating that most of us experience due to weather.

BEST TIMES TO DRINK WATER
Start with 8 to 16 ounces half an hour before breakfast
A couple of hours after breakfast drink another 8 to 16 ounces of water.
Then 30 mins before your evening meal drink your next glass.
Finally 2 hours after dinner, have another 8 ounces and another before bed time unless you have hiatal hernia, an enlarged prostate or frequent urination during the night in those cases do not drink anything else after dinner.
Whichever meal is your largest meal of the day try drinking 16 to 24 ounces 30 mins before that meal as it would help you manage how much you would eat.