Thursday 27 November 2014

PROCASTINATION:

Posted by Unknown



My name is Brenda and am a procrastinator; 
Yes I know procrastination is a sin but its something I can’t help and I think writing this piece and posting it on my blog would actually keep me on track so help me God. 
My friends and family keeps complaining and I keep giving the answer “I will do it don’t worry”.

My procrastination phrases are “I will” “am going to” “don’t worry” and time keep ticking away.

Story of my life I love thinking outside the box; just bring me a situation and I can help you summarize it within an hour. Ok I came up with an idea for my online food magazine promo #100NoodlesRecipe and have been growing this idea for over 7 months; some of the excuses I gave was that my website was not ready, my graphic work was not ready, I need to prepare this perfect noodles to go with the concept, I need steady internet, bla bla bla bla bla!!!! All these can be done in less than 1 week but still I kept pushing it forward; 

I will get this ginger next minute the ginger will be killed by one amazing DISTRACTION and I go back to square one which is PROCASTINATION. 
Finally I decided to send out proposal looking for sponsors to make it work perfectly and bam!!! I got a link from my friends and am seeing my exact idea but they had to change the concept a bit cos of the product they are using and my consolation phrase was “I will change the concept and it will be better than what I had in mind remember when you steal peoples idea you will never execute it properly” sincerely going by the comments I don’t see them executing it properly (my own consolation). Like Derenle will tell me “Brenda you are wasting time shebi when another person steals your idea and start doing it that’s when your eyes will open” Derenle they have stolen the idea oh and now my eyes are fully open.

I know am not the only one going through this sinful habit called procrastination and would like us to use this piece to keep reminding ourselves that “there is no time to say no time” do it now and when that idea is flowing take that leap of faith don’t think about the risk; life on its own is a risk.

From today BRENDA SAYS NO TO PROCASTINATION and have set the 1st of December to commence #100NoodlesRecipe Project.


so watch this space for more info

0 comments:

Post a Comment