Friday 14 December 2012

RICE PUDDING

Posted by Unknown

I remembered the first time I tried rice pudding, it was ASDA rice pudding, hmmm!!not a fan after I took a spoonful and the site #shakingmyhead. It was a write-off buy and coupled with the fact that my friend had a lot to say about it and since it was on buy 1 get 2 free, I packed ooo and bought 2 and got 4 free and my dear friend packed like 4 of it to get his 8. After that first day,I dumped the rest in my kitchen cabinet can't  remember how it all disappeared.

I stumble into rice pudding again when I visited my aunt and the aroma and site oh my!! was breath taking and I decided to give it a try and I loved and enjoyed every spoonful that entered my mouth. 
I asked for the recipe and prepared it one lazy Sunday evening and I came to the conclusion that home-made rice pudding is divine. 

Enjoy your rice pudding recipe and hope you would try it out.

INGREDIENT:


1 cup uncooked white rice
1 cup of Milk 
3 table spoon White sugar 
½ tea spoon salt 
1 Egg beaten 
Raisins or mix fruit (optional) 
½ table spoon butter 
Very little drop of vanilla extract 

PREPARATION:


Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a sauce pan; stir rice into the boiling water. Reduce heat low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. 


After which you add half cup of your milk, sugar and salt into the cooked rice; cooked over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining half cup of milk, beaten egg and raisins; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.  
rice pudding (dessert)










NOTE:  easy on the sugar you add to it, if its too sweet you would get tired of it easily.


0 comments:

Post a Comment